Monday, November 17, 2008

I love fresh orange juice so today I am going over to Mixon Fruit Farms in Bradenton for a juice fest! I am not a health nut, but if things taste good and do me good then I am all for it. To quote their web site "Florida Navel Oranges, Tangerines and Pink Grapefruit are always a treat and healthy too. Health food never tasted better; full of vitamin C, sodium free, cholesterol free and high in fiber" Well, in that case that for me.

One of the best things about Florida is the orange juice. Nothing beats freshly squeezed juice and it only takes a feew second to produce with a juicer. In my view it helps beat colds and flu, its good for the skin and tastes like nectar. http://www.amisland.com/

Tonight I am aiming to go down to Euphemia Haye, one of Longboat's best restaurants. Their food is stunning. On the internet is says that Chef Raymond Arpke, co-owner, with his wife, D'Arcy is the culinary inspiration of Euphemia Haye and now a cookbook author, integrating classical training, an innovative flair, and a love for fresh foods to provide consistently outstanding, American, global, slow cooked food. Breads, stocks, sauces, soups, dressings and desserts are homemade on the premises. I think he is one of America's most talented chefs, we are so lucky that he opened his restaurant here.

No comments: